Real Simple Syndication (RSS) is an XML-based format for content distribution. Morningstar offers selected content via an RSS feed for use in news readers. (Common readers include: My Yahoo! and NewsGator.) These feeds include headlines, summaries and links back to Morningstar.com for the full article.
Subscribing to a Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feed is similar to subscribing to a newsletter. When you subscribe to a newsletter, each new issue is mailed directly to your mailing address. If you subscribe to an e-newsletter, each new issue is e-mailed to your e-mail address. When you subscribe to an RSS feed, every time a new entry or article is published to the Web, a link to the entry or article is added to your reader.
RSS feeds are free and Morningstar.com uses RSS 2.0.
Currently we offer the following RSS feed:
How to sign up for Morningstar.com RSS feeds
There are a couple different ways to add Morningstar.com as a news feed. First, install an RSS news reader program if you haven't already. These programs are usually free of charge.
If you already have a news reader program, follow the steps outlined in your news reader for adding a new RSS feed. If you want to add the feed to My Yahoo! or your reader requires you to add the feed manually, follow the instructions below.
If you use My Yahoo!
as your news reader,
follow these steps:
If you add feeds to your
reader by entering a Web
address, follow these steps:
1. Click on the button
2. Click "Add to My Yahoo!" on the Yahoo! site.
3. Sign into your Yahoo! account. (If you are already logged in, skip to step 4.)
4. Click "Back to Previous Page" to return to this Morningstar page or click "Go to My Yahoo!" to go to your Yahoo! page.
1. Right click on the orange XML button
2. Select "Copy Shortcut" (or "Copy Link Location" depending on your browser). (This is finding the URL for the syndicated content.)
3. Paste the URL into the appropriate location in your RSS reader.